Sunday 25 May 2008

Yuccky weather..






Thank goodness we got out in the garden yesterday. We cleared out the shed (at long last ) and painted the benches. Dad re-did the teak oil on the wooden table and chairs. I planted up the hanging baskets and have also put in some sweetpeas. We were going to take everything to the tip today but it was too wet. My last job in the garden for this year is to paint the two gates and the old water pump, which I will use as a feature. Hopefully , now that the garden is quite full and has plenty of perennials, we won't have to spend too much on it in the next few years.

Last Sundays crop was a very productive one. I can't belive I actually did 4 LOs! Everyone enjoyed Willows class and we had some fantastic work on show.


This pigeon appeared in the garden about 2 weeks ago. It is a racing pigeon and has a ring on its leg but, has obviously lost its sense of direction. Poor thing looks quite lonely but at least it doesn't seem to be having any problems feeding and seem to have made itself at home!



I have been very good this week, three visits to the gym and lots of dog walking. Not sure if it is doing me any good. I have the 'sniffles' and a horrible chesty cough.

Here is Michael watching the rain pour down. His game of golf was cancelled. All say 'Ahhhh'.

No comments: