Monday 28 January 2008

Got to keep going..

Two weeks into my diet and exercise routine and I'm doing OK. I just hope I can keep the determination going. Actually the exercise bit is fine, Pilates on Monday, Aquarobics on Wednesday and Body Vibe (a mixture of low impact aerobics, dance and toning) and walking the dog each day. I have lost 6 lbs. in two weeks and my goal is the Egyptian holiday in July. I really won't cope with the heat unless I loose some serious weight.



We went to a barn dance on Friday evening, what a giggle! It's quite amazing how uncoordiated some people are and the mayhem it can cause on the dance floor. I love this type of 'do' far more than a disco.



I made this cot size quilt at the weekend for the Linus charity. This charity collects donated quilts and takes them to hospitals and homes to be distributed to children and teenagers who have suffered traumas or are very ill. The quilts are theirs for life or for parents to keep should the worst happen. ( Sorry about the awful, wobbly photo').

I was reading a thread on UKS about emotional LOs and how to journal and even if we should 'scrap' them. My answer is Yes why not. Many people hide the most personal writing and that's fair enough but why hide words that tell your nearest and dearest how much you love them. Why be embarrassed by your feelings. In the light of a very sad and tragic accident that Lindsay witnessed yesterday we should always let that love show because we never know what life might throw at us.

1 comment:

Lynsey said...

You are doing really well. So pleased for you. Keep going..