Friday 8 June 2007

Call out.

Thank goodness for breakdown insurance. Had just left Cosco today and suddenly my car sounded as if it was going to fall apart, terrible clunking sounds from under the bonnet. Oh, did it sound expensive!! Anyway, luckily the break down man came along( very nice) and discovered it was the drive belt that had shredded and was flailing around, hence the noise. He did a temporary repair and home we went. In fact I dropped the car at the local garage to have the proper belt fitted and left it there as it was booked in for its MOT tomorrow morning. I was a bit disappointed though, I was hoping for a ride in his cab!


Have done a couple of canvasses this week including this one , which is for my Dad on Fathers Day. The ladies at our craft club did some on Wednesday too and really enjoyed themselves.


I have been busy in the garden this week, putting in some bedding plants and sorting out the wall pots and hanging baskets. A pair of pidgeons have been driving me mad, flapping about in the trees. Their wings make soooo much noise. I suspect Mr Pidgeon is rather amorous and Mrs Pidgeon is none to keen!


Tomorrow is our quarterly 'Patchwork people' meeting and we have our Posse meal in the evening . I am doing two main courses, tarraggon chicken with puff pastry rounds and pork fillets with apricot stuffing.

Just eaten a WW toffe apple yogurt... mmm quite nice.

No comments: