Friday 9 February 2007

Old fashioned?


Well , call me old fashioned but I couldn't help thinking back a good few years yesterday. How lovely it was to see so many children actually out playing. Even in the summer when I take the dog for a walkI rarely see many on the field just up the road. Yesterday there were hordes of them. Some with Mum and Dad others in groups. All were having so much fun, sledging, building snowmen, sliding and just chasing around. Laughter and shouts of joy filled the air and it took me back to my childhood when being outside was the norm. What's more, all that fun and it didn't cost a penny!


Off for a little outing to Borders this afternoon to buy a couple of books and of course the fact that PaperChase and Starbucks are there too adds to the appeal!

1 comment:

sue said...

I was just thinking the same thing earlier particularly when looking at all the pictures of snowmen, just simple fun. Went out with my camera taking pictures of trees really missed my children when I remembered how much fun we had together in the snow. Have got some footage on video must work out how to do screen capture so I can use some pics for scrapbooking.xxSue