Sunday 17 May 2009

I've got the wobbles...

Well actually they are getting better. I've started riding a bicycle for the first time in about 20 years. I'm trying to go out with Rachael 2 or 3 times a week , she jogs around Emberton Park while I ride. The first time felt so weird and I managed to scrape my arm on a wall on the way back.. I suspect it was because we were so busy talking ( there's a suprise!) and I wasn't paying attention. I certainly need to build up the strength in my legs but it is really quite enjoyable.


Craft wise I have made a few cards and have enjoyed using water colour pencils for the first time. Last Sunday was our MK Scrappers crop and this is one of the LOs I finished. Looking at my LOs, they all seem to end up looking quite plain but I'm happy with them. The photo's are the main focus and I try to journal a little. I'd love to produce LOs with more embellishments but I can never seem to justify the cost.


I am now working on a quilt for my next door neighbours daughter who is expecting her first baby next month. Picture before too long I hope.

Last Saturday I attended a Flower Festival in Westminster Abbey. It was to mark the Golden Anniversary of NAFAS ( National Association of Flower Arrangers). So many beautiful arrangements, traditional and contemporary. Sadly, we were not allowed to take 'photos but I am hoping to borrow the CD and will be able to take some from there.

Another photo' opportunity next Saturday when Michael spends a day with some' big birds'!

3

2 comments:

SABEE said...

Brilliant that you riding a bike, it is amazing that you never forget how hey? love the cards and the lo too

Anonymous said...

I am reading this article second time today, you have to be more careful with content leakers. If I will fount it again I will send you a link