Thursday 6 September 2007

You never know...

what will happen next!

It's strange how you can be pretty sure of the way particular person will react in certain circumstances and then they floor you by reacting in a totally different way. Not going into details but I've know Michael for 37 years and I think he is mellowing in his 'old age'.

Second suprise this week is that I have handed in my resignation at work. Head Teacher wanted to change the hours I worked to 5 afternoons (1p.m.-3 p.m.). Hmm , no thanks, everyday messed up for the sake of 2 hours work. So, this finally decided me to do what I had been thinking of doing for some while. As the room I worked in is being decorated at the moment and won't be ready for at least 2 weeks, I am now on gardening leave 'till the end of this month and then I shall be a 'Lady of Leisure'. I'm sure I shall find plenty to fill my time.

Sad news today that a sweet lady ,called Gwen who loved to come to our Olney craft group, died on Monday. Gwen was 90 years old and loved to come just for the company and chat. Her hands didn't work too well but someone would always make one of whatever we were doing for her to take home. She had quite a twinkle in her eye and a lovely sense of humour. We will miss her at our meetings.

Will have to stop typing now as I have a rather swollen and sore little finger. I was playing with Ethan earlier today and he landed on it!!

No comments: