Tuesday 29 June 2010

How do you like to be judged?

Each week I buy a magazine that has a regular spot which shows 4 photo's of ordinary women, and asks them about what they  are wearing. Lastly they are asked what they consider to be their best  attribute e.g. hair, legs, waist and so on. Last week on the letters page a woman wrote refering to the article. She  had asked her husband what he considered her best asset.  He replied "Your personality".  This lady was pretty miffed  with that answer, obviously wanting him to complement some part of her body..

Now, maybe I am in the minory here but if my husband had given the same reply I would have been thrilled..  In todays world where people are so often judged on what they look like, how big they are ,what  job they have or how much money they earn, this would seem to me to be the best compliment. After all it is surely more important to be beautiful on the inside and means that he loves her just because she is herself. What more can one ask ?

2 comments:

Rachael Barker said...

I think I'd be pleased too. Your personality never changes (Well not too much) but your figure can and will. Mind you he could have thrown in a fave body part just to make her feel good!

Sal said...

Just catching up on blog reading!
I absolutely agree with you. Too many people judge others by the wrong things..their figure, clothes,shoes etc etc and neglect personality.Beauty is just as much inside as well as outside! ;-)