Tuesday 22 July 2008

Almost...



ready for our hols. Case nearly packed apart from a few bits still in the wash. I will tidy and hoover tomorrow and then we shall be off to the In-laws for the night as they are fairly near Gatwick.




Last Tuesday was my birthday and I spent the day at a patchwork workshop. We made up 3 blocks ready to carry on to make a lap quilt here's one of them.

I have also done a little more to Ethans new quilt and hope to finish it as near to his birthday as possible.

In the evening we all had dinner at Rachels' and I had lots of lovely goodies as presents, mainly craft stuff. Ethan had helped to make my birthday cup cakes and presented one to me, complete with candle as he sang 'Happy Birthday'.
We went to watch the film 'Mama Mia' last Wednesday. The critics seemed to be doing their best to to say it was trash, probably because there was no blood and gore or heaving bedroom scenes. The singing wasn't the best but for me that added to it. It was a feel good film that one could just sit back and enjoy and we certainly did!

3 comments:

Claudia said...

Hey - hope you had a happy birthday!

Did you really enjoy Mamma Mia? I've not seen it (or the show) but somehow it seems such a flimsy plot, I've never fancied it...

Gin said...

claudia, if you want interlect and intrigue this is not for you. If you want foot tapping, funny and love and laughter make sure you see it.

Gin said...

Sorry, must already have my holiday brain on. That should say intellect !